Suburban Health Organization (SHO) is an accredited CME provider by the Indiana State Medical Association (ISMA), a recognized accreditor by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME®). Physicians participating in SHO CME activities are eligible to receive AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
Many allied health licensing and certification boards accept credits for activities planned by an ACCME (or state recognized accreditors, such as the ISMA) accredited CME provider. Non-physician health care professionals can submit the certificates of participation or a transcript to their respective boards for approval in meeting their recertification or re-licensing requirements. Individuals are responsible for participating in activities where the topic/content is within the scope of their professional practice, if they wish to claim these credits towards their recertification or re-licensure requirements. When audited, some licensing or certification boards may require individuals to submit a certificate or transcript, promotional flyer, and/or additional documentation showing the agenda, objectives, and speakers. Please check with your licensing or certification board for additional information.
Quick Links to Licensing and Certification Boards*:
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- American Nurses Credentialing Center
- Commission for Case Manager Certification
- Indiana Health Professions Agency
- National Association of Long Term Care Administrators Board
- National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
- National Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
- The Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy
*The Quick Links to Licensing and Boards does not imply that the boards accept AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.